The core of the Czech disinformation scene has long been made up of about 40 active disinformation websites. This number fluctuates slightly, as the network of disinformation sites is variable as some sites are disappearing, but they are being replaced by new ones. However, the pandemic year caused a more significant year-on-year increase in the number of disinformation sites, as several new ones focused exclusively on pandemic-related disinformation. The current list of disinformation websites therefore includes 51 on them.
The aim of this annual report is to provide up-to-date information on the state of the Czech disinformation scene and its development in 2020. The content will include:
- an updated list of active and relevant disinformation sites
- basic statistics of activity and readability of individual websites
- division into groups according to the content produced
- the most important Czech and foreign cases discussed on the disinformation scene in the past year
- trends that have changed or affected the disinformation environment over the past year
- list of the most active disinformers among politicians