Personal Data Protection Policy
We treat personal data in compliance with the legislation in force. In particular, we assure the protection of personal data in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 – General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). GDPR is uniformly applicable in the whole EU since 25 May 2018.
The principles stated below provide a summary of the basic rules that we follow when gathering personal data and ensuring that it is kept confidential and secure.
Since we work on a number of projects within which specific cases of personal data processing may occur, this policy provides a basic framework. In specific cases, we provide information about data protection directly on the site where we are requesting some personal data.
In general, we always process your personal data only to the extent necessary for the given purpose. Personal data may be divided into two groups – personal data we are allowed to process without your consent, and personal data that we may not process without your consent.
We process personal data without your consent in cases when:
- the data is necessary for us to fulfill a legal obligation (e.g. the Accounting Act – zákon o účetnictví),
- the data is needed in order to fulfill a contract we are entering into with you,
- we have a legitimate interest in the data processing (typically record-keeping and informing about our activities).
In the remaining cases, we process data based on your consent.
We process personal data in such a way that it is appropriately secured against unauthorized access, accidental loss, destruction, or damage.
We store personal data only for the necessary period of time and we archive the data according to the legal time limits provided for in the legislation.
What kind of personal data we process most frequently through our webpage
1) Cookies – Cookies are a tool enabling web functionality for a specific user. You can find information on cookies, which ones we collect and for what purposes, including instructions how to prevent them to be stored, here.
2) Data on persons who sign up for a program event, activity etc. – If you decide to sign up for a program event, activity etc. through one of the webpages we operate, we process your data you provide to us as part of the sign-up.
3) Newsletters – If you decide to subscribe to a newsletter or another information material through one of the webpages and subscription forms, we operate, we require your consent to the processing of the contact details provided (e-mail).
List of processors
We do not sell your data, nor do we hand it over to other parties in another way, except for our contractual partners who enable us to communicate with you, and except for situations when we have a legal obligation to hand your data over to another person.
The list of processors is available under related links or you can contact our Data Protection Officer in specific cases.
Information on your fundamental rights
As a data subject, you have the following fundamental rights:
- right to request information on which personal data of yours we are processing,
- right to request explanation from us regarding the processing of personal data,
- right to request access to such data from us, right to have the data updated, corrected or restricted, as the case may be, and right to object to processing,
- in the case of automated processing of personal data, you have a right to data portability,
- right to withdraw the consent anytime (where the processing is based on consent), for example by sending an e-mail or letter to the contact details below,
- right to request the deletion of personal data from us (we are obliged to comply, unless we are required to process the data in order to fulfil a legal obligation),
- right to address us or the Office for Personal Data Protection in case of doubt regarding the compliance with the obligations related to the processing of personal data.
Details about the Personal Data Controller
Evropské hodnoty z.s., Sněmovní 174/7, Praha 1 – Malá Strana, 118 00; IČO: 26987627,
zapsaný ve spolkovém rejstříku u Městského soudu v Praze, oddílu L, vložce 15441
Contact details [email protected],
Contact details of the Data Protection Officer: [email protected]